Chat avec Hugh Laurie mercredi 26 août 2009

Discussions autour de la saison 2009/2010 de Dr House.

Chat avec Hugh Laurie mercredi 26 août 2009

Messagepar Kerni » Jeu 27 Août 2009 22:48

Le transcript complet du chat ayant eu lieu la nuit dernière sur un site américain se trouve à cette adresse :
http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?op ... &width=470

J'ai tenté de reconstituer le puzzle du chat d'hier soir en rassemblant les questions et les réponses.
Il valait mieux avoir l'habitude des salons des discussion et avoir quelques notions d'anglais pour suivre.

Je me suis peut-être parfois trompée en n'associant pas la bonne question à la réponse de Hugh Laurie. N'hésitez pas à signaler les erreurs, à faire des commentaire ou une synthèse en français des informations intéressantes ou amusantes.

Live chat with 'House's' Hugh Laurie (26/08/2009)

2:49 PatrickDay:  Hello and welcome to our live chat with "House" star Hugh Laurie.

2:59 Hugh Laurie: Reporting for duty
3:00 Tom O'Neil: HI HUGH
3:00 Hugh Laurie: I type about 4 wpm - bear with me....
3:02 Tom O'Neil: One of our moderators will change your status here, Hugh, so that you can post in instant time

3:01 Tom O'Neil: Are you frustrated by the Emmys? At the Globes you've won twice already, but keep in mind that the Emmys have a delayed reaction. It took Mary Tyler Moore, Carol O'Connor, Kiefer Sutherland and many others years before they finally won.
3:02 Hugh Laurie: Not frustrated by the Emmys at all. Great to be considered, and so on...

3:03 [Comment From Daniel] Hi Hugh, how do you feel about doing the show now that it's been so many years?
3:03 Hugh Laurie: Lucky. very lucky. I still feel proud of some of the things we do. We don't get it all right, by any means, but it's enough to make me puff my chest out when no ones looking

3:03 Tom O'Neil: Hugh, tell us why you chose the episode you did to submit to Emmy judges. It's always interesting for us to hear what nominees think when they make those choices.
3:04 Hugh Laurie: Hi Tom - I actually put the episode choice in the hands of others - I'm not good at watching myself, and worse at knowing what people like or are impressed by, so I canvassed opinion and let it roll

3:04 Tom O'Neil: Hugh, let me pass off to the posters here -- respond to their questions, pls
3:05 Hugh Laurie: Got it

3:05 [Comment From Greg Maragos] Mr. Laurie, are you a fan of the Dr. Who TV show? I, for one, would LOVE to see you as Dr. Who in a movie. Would you play that role if they offered it to you?
3:06 Hugh Laurie: I also love Dr Who. Grew up with it. I'd play anything that involved less than five hours in the make up chair

3:05 [Comment From Andrew] Do you have a favorite episode of House?
3:06 [Comment From tania] what is your favorite episode of dr house?
3:07 Hugh Laurie: Not sure about episodes. I haven't seen them all yet. But I have favourite moments...

3:05 [Comment From Zap2it] Zap2it.com users just voted you Best Doctor and Best Antihero. Seems kind of oxymoronic. What do you think?
3:08 Hugh Laurie: Maybe, but a good oxymoron, no? oxycool

3:07 [Comment From Joanna] Since doing Monsters vs. Aliens are you inclined to get back into more voice over work (audio books, adverts, etc.)?
3:08 Hugh Laurie:  Love doing voice work. Wear your own clothes (if you want) and read from a script

3:07 [Comment From Meera from Singapore] Hi Hugh! Do you ever google yourself?
3:08 Hugh Laurie:  I have googled myself. I don't recommend it. Googling yourself I mean. Not me.

3:08 [Comment From Jon I.] Are you still in touch with Stephen Fry? You 2 are hilarious together
3:09 Hugh Laurie:  See Stephen a lot - hope he'll be coming over to LA soon

3:09 [Comment From Flo] Are you still writing songs, like Mystery and other masterpieces;)?
3:09 Hugh Laurie:  Thank you ma'am you are too kind - I noodle around when the house is empty...

3:09 Tom O'Neil: Hugh, you chose "Under My Skin" as your Emmy episode. What are your thoughts about your performance in it?
3:10 Hugh Laurie:  Tom, I let others choose - much better that way - I don't know about my performance - try not to think about it....
3:10 Tom O'Neil: OK, I'll letcha off the hook on this

3:11 [Comment From tata cocach] will ther be more huddy in the next season?
3:11 Hugh Laurie:  Don't know about chemistry - but I just like RSL and LE so much - and all of them, come to that.

3:11 [Comment From NateDoggg] Emma Thompson would be so great on House! Please get her to guest!
3:11 Hugh Laurie:  I will try and get ET. She's awful busy....

3:11 [Comment From Theodore, Greece] How do you imagine the "HOUSE" 's ending? What would YOU like to happen to House, Wilson, Cuddy and everyone else? Good luck at the Emmys, Sir!
3:12 Hugh Laurie:  Thank you! Just an ending that satisfies, is all. That does justice.

3:12 [Comment From Jordon (Toronto, ON)] Who was an inspiration in your life for you to become an actor?
3:12 Hugh Laurie:  James Stewart, probably

3:12 [Comment From Kate] I love the episodes with the original team. Do you ever miss working with Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer.
3:12 Hugh Laurie:  Jenn and Jess have some great stuff coming up - we've been working a lot the last three episodes or so

3:12 [Comment From Guest] Will you ever direct a House episode?
3:13 [Comment From Karen] Would you ever consider directing an episode of House?
3:13 Hugh Laurie:  I'd love to direct, as the cliche goes, but then I'd lose any right to complain about how hard I work - and I do love my complaining.....

3:13 [Comment From Olya] What modern blues / jazz artists do you like?
3:13 Hugh Laurie:  Dr John. Begins and ends.

3:13 [Comment From Sheelagh] Have you learned anything from playing out House's journey ?
3:14 Hugh Laurie:  Not sure. Less than I have learned being an actor who plays that journey. the experience of doing this has been extraordinary

3:14 [Comment From Julia] Do you have a favorite cane from the show?
3:15 Hugh Laurie:  I liked the flame cane. I'm that kind of fool.

3:14 [Comment From Michelle] Who has been your favorite guest star
3:15 Hugh Laurie:  All guest stars are wonderful. That's official government policy.

3:15 Hugh Laurie:  Thanks!

3:15 [Comment From Alice] I love it when you play tricks with your cane! got any new moves coming up?
3:16 Hugh Laurie:  No, I need to work on cane tricks - getting rusty

3:15 [Comment From Cathy] You mentioned James Stewart as an inspiration - Spielberg is doing a remake of Harvey - would you be interested? :)
3:16 Hugh Laurie:  Harvey, heck yes...

3:16 [Comment From ally] Hi Hugh ! what do you think about House cooking? Is he going to learn with wilson?
3:16 Hugh Laurie:  H obsesses over cooking the way he obsesses over everything else

3:16 [Comment From jo in London] How did you come to write cuddy's serenade. Does house play piano differently to you?
3:17 Hugh Laurie:  Hm Obviously H can't play things that I can't play, so that's a kind of parameter. but I thought of what might be on his mind while he's at the piano

3:17 [Comment From NateDoggg] Lisa Edelstein has some good comedy chops too. Do you crack each other up off the set?
3:17 Hugh Laurie:  LE makes me laugh a lot - I try to get her when the camera's running

3:17 [Comment From huddy1821] hugh are you a huddy fan like many of us?
3:18 Hugh Laurie:  If it's done well, why not?

3:18 [Comment From Sarah] Could you tell us a little about (your forthcoming novel) "The Paper Soldier"?
3:19 Hugh Laurie:  The Paper Soldier is late. very late, Very very late.

3:19 [Comment From vanny] you used to have a twitter account, what happened? do u got bored?
3:19 Hugh Laurie:  my twitter time was an experiment. didn't quite work for me

3:19 [Comment From Meera from Singapore] Thanks for answering my earlier question! Hope you're well. I'm pretty DESPERATE to know this one! Which English football team do you support? I know Stephen is a Norwich fan. But somehow I've never been able to find out who you fancy. Please let us know!!!
3:20 Hugh Laurie:  I married into an Arsenal family

3:20 [Comment From taloson] Do you have any favorite TV shows? (other than your own, that is)
3:20 Hugh Laurie:  Daily show

3:20 [Comment From Olga (Barcelona)] How about the film adaptation of The Gun Seller? Also very very late?
3:20 Hugh Laurie:  Adaptation's harder than the original - don't ask me why

3:21 [Comment From maest] Do you have any classic favourite actress?
3:21 Hugh Laurie:  Judy Dench

3:20 [Comment From sanman] will house have to come to terms with God/faith/spirituality at some point, or will he always be comfy as an athiest?
3:22 Hugh Laurie:  I think H is a pretty confirmed atheist - or he's religious, but reason is his religion

3:21 [Comment From NateDoggg] Are you a member of the TV Academy? Do you vote for the Emmys?
3:23 Hugh Laurie:  I think I'm a member of the academy. I didn't vote

3:23 [Comment From M.] What did you get Stephen for his birthday? :D
3:23 Hugh Laurie:  Don't tell him but i haven't got S a present yet. I'm thinking socks.

3:23 [Comment From Debbie] Would you consider writing an episode of House?
3:24 Hugh Laurie:  love to write an episode, but not equipped. Those guys are cleverer than cats.

3:24 [Comment From Carrie] Have you read any House fanfic?
3:24 Hugh Laurie:  I haven't read any housefic. Any good?

3:25 [Comment From Rory] Are there any similarities between you and House? besides the obvious ones! ahaha. Good luck with the Emmys!
3:25 Hugh Laurie:  Me and H we're the same height. And we both floss intermittently.

3:25 [Comment From SueN] Why were there no bloopers on the last two House DVD sets?
3:26 Hugh Laurie:  I'm not sure - I think there were so many bloopers about it seemed like we should go a different way?

3:25 [Comment From Karen] What is it like walking down the streets of LA and looking up to see a Billboard with yourself on, it's a long way from London :D
3:27 Hugh Laurie:  Weird seeing yourself on a billboard. Really weird. No seriously. I mean REALLY weird.

3:27 [Comment From Rym(Tunisia)] the snakes on a cane thing was your idea?brilliant !!
3:27 Hugh Laurie:  The logo was my idea - did it for a crew t shirt - but the phrase was someone else - I'm no good with puns... or buns.

3:27 [Comment From Ada] what is your favorite country or city? I'm sure you visited a lot
3:28 Hugh Laurie:  I love London. I really do.

3:27 [Comment From Rhys] Is there anything you miss from England that you dont get in America?
3:28 Hugh Laurie:  I miss rain. I mean I love sunshine too but there's something odd about a place this green that has no rain. Feels wrong.

3:28 [Comment From Volly] Hugh... could you say a few words about Lisa Edelstein please?
3:30 Hugh Laurie:  Lisa E is amazing. I saw a whole gaggle of women from some TV show - the funny one, the sexy one, the stern one etc - and I thought Lisa does all that every week on her own

3:30 [Comment From Debbie] What's the reason for your short hair? Love it, by the way!!
3:30 Hugh Laurie:  Short hair. Just felt like a change. Also felt institutional....

3:30 [Comment From Anastasiya from Moscow] Hi! do you think you would make friends with Gregory House? Thanks for being here with us - lots of love from Russia
3:31 Hugh Laurie:  I think I wd like GH - friends, not so sure

3:31 [Comment From Rei] What do you do on Monday nights when House airs. Do you watch it? Or are you doing something else?
3:32 Hugh Laurie:  I am anywhere but in fron of TV on Monday nights. I suddenly find chores in the garage.

3:32 Hugh Laurie:  So sorry i can't keep up - I'm taking whatever question comes up in front of me when the last one goes....

3:32 [Comment From Aura] What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
3:33 Hugh Laurie:  can't remember the last movie i saw = don't get out much I'm afraid

3:33 [Comment From Patricia] Sorry to overwhelm. You have many, many people who admire you!
3:33 Hugh Laurie:  Thanks!!

3:33 [Comment From mindy] please tell the writers that we miss the clinic scenes, we would love to see them more often!
3:34 Hugh Laurie:  I will tell them - I think they miss them too but struggle to fit them in sometimes

3:33 [Comment From Kristina in San Francisco] Any possibility of a House Movie?
3:34 Hugh Laurie:  Not sure about a House movie - what would we do differently?

3:34 [Comment From Me] Do you think House will ever find anyone or will he end up alone?
3:34 Hugh Laurie:  I think he will find someone.

3:35 [Comment From Zosia, Poland] House's writers are some of the best on TV, but if you had the chance to write 'House' would you change anything in the plot/characters/relationships? Or is there something that you would have handled differently?
3:35 Hugh Laurie:  I wd love to be an AI judge. I'd also be hopeless.

3:35 [Comment From knackeredwriter] will stephen guest star before the series is over?
3:35 Hugh Laurie:  I really hope SF guests.

3:35 [Comment From Ali in Omaha] do you own an ipod? what is your favorite song on it?
3:36 Hugh Laurie:  Not sure what my favourite song is right now - all kinds of stuff on there

3:36 [Comment From huddy1821] How many hours a day are you on the set?
3:36 Hugh Laurie:  Varies. we're trying to keep it down to 12 a day, otherwise people burn out

3:36 [Comment From Theodore, Greece] Would you play in a James Bond movie? And if yes, what kind of role would you prefer?
3:37 Hugh Laurie:  JB villain - best gig going

3:37 [Comment From Fanny] Please, please, please, any spoilers on Huddy ?
3:37 Hugh Laurie:  I have taken a Huddy oath. Not a word shall pass these finger tips.

3:38 [Comment From Meera from Singapore] Hi Hugh. Do you miss doing sketch shows like A Bit Of Fry & Laurie?
3:38 Hugh Laurie:  I do miss sketches whenever I see someone else doing them - and I miss working with S a lot

3:38 [Comment From Jackie] I would love to see you release a solo CD of your music! Any possibility of this?
3:39 Hugh Laurie:  Wd love to do a CD - even though actors' music never quite works, does it?

3:38 [Comment From Kirara] Does acting like House become easy for you by now?
3:39 Hugh Laurie:  I never find acting easy. Always nervous. Every shot.

3:39 PatrickDay:  Before you did this chat, were you aware the show had such a large following all over the world? Or does shooting a network show in the states keep you in a bubble?
3:39 Hugh Laurie:  Yes definitely we work in a bubble. Strange when it bursts....

3:40 [Comment From huddy1821] Is it hard talking in the american accent?
3:40 Hugh Laurie:  Yeah. Or is it yeeeaah, or yep?

3:40 [Comment From Rei] Do you encounter fans a lot? Is it scary?
3:41 Hugh Laurie:  Fans are almost all lovely. Trouble is, the really crazy ones don't wear a hat that says Really Crazy.

3:40 [Comment From Marieke] Have you ever seen yourself as House but dubbed in another language?
3:41 Hugh Laurie:  Never seen myself dubbed. Must be v strange

3:41 [Comment From Sean] You referred to "favorite moments" earlier. Any one or two you could mention?
3:41 Hugh Laurie:  Wilson on speed

3:41 [Comment From Guest] Could you tell us any examples of improvisation on set, non-scripted sentences or situations? (i.e. like RSL once told about "Blue the janitor" joke)
3:42 Hugh Laurie:  Can't claim any lines. the scripts are so good.

3:42 [Comment From Daviddd] have you ever encountered a real House while visiting a hospital?
3:43 Hugh Laurie:  Yes, I have met a real H if you mean someone abrasive - don't know they had the redeeming skill tho

3:43 [Comment From Andrea from W Palm Beach] Do you have to practice being Mr. Crankypants or does it just come naturally for you?
3:43 Hugh Laurie:  I am naturally cranky. It's how they found me.

3:43 [Comment From Missy] You are so gracious by taking all of these questions! Thanks for taking the time to chat with us!
3:43 Hugh Laurie:  Thanks

3:43 [Comment From Katrine from Norway] Have you ever been hurt on the House set?
3:44 Hugh Laurie:  I bang myself every now and then, and have to fall over sometimes which gets sore by take 9

3:44 [Comment From sherlockjr (Los Angeles)] What is the greatest challenge in playing House?
3:44 Hugh Laurie:  Just getting it right. Getting it as good as the scripts deserve

3:44 [Comment From Anna] Who is the cast member who is most likely to make you laugh in or out of character?
3:45 Hugh Laurie:  They can all make me laugh - they're a very funny bunch but R and L especially

3:45 [Comment From Romi85] Do you worry that Gregory House may typecast you as an actor?
3:45 Hugh Laurie:  If I'm typecast by H, well there are worse things

3:45 [Comment From Huddy] Are you going to be on Ellen anytime soon?
3:45 Hugh Laurie:  Don't know about E

3:45 [Comment From Erika] Will there be a season 7?
3:46 Hugh Laurie:  Who knows? Depends how this one goes

3:45 [Comment From Aura] do you like doing the red carpet and all the other awards show stuff?
3:46 Hugh Laurie:  The red carpet I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

3:46 [Comment From Cindy] What book is currently on your nightstand?
3:47 Hugh Laurie:  Isaiah Berlin. how's that for pretentious? but it's true

3:47 [Comment From Kristen] In what direction do you want to see House (the character) evolve?
3:48 Hugh Laurie:  I don't mind what direction, as long as it's done with style

3:47 [Comment From jen] What music are you listening to lately?
3:48 Hugh Laurie:  The coasters

3:48 [Comment From Ali in Omaha] Do you have any questions for the FANS?
3:50 Hugh Laurie:  Question for the fans - hmmm - who sent you the nicest reply to a letter?

3:49 [Comment From Meera from Singapore] Do you get fed up with the paparazzi following you on your bike everyday?
3:50 Hugh Laurie:  paparazzi are a bit annoying but they have to make a living

3:51 [Comment From Cindy] Ideally, what would you like to focus on after House ends?
3:51 Hugh Laurie:  like to focus on sleeping in

3:52 Hugh Laurie:  Hope you don't mind y'all but I have to slip away in a minute - how about we say 5 more answers?

3:49 [Comment From Adrian] Can you tell us something about the upcoming House M.D. PC game?
3:52 [Comment From HanTeR [Latvia]] Will you take part in making House PC game?
3:52 Hugh Laurie:  Don't know what the PC game is (that's not one of the 5)

3:52 [Comment From Amber (Manhattan Bch, CA)] Any plans to be on Craig Ferguson
3:53 Hugh Laurie:  If the great man calls, I will don my talk show pants and leap into the car.

3:53 [Comment From Christine C] Did you learn french in school? You had spoken french in one of the emmy's a few years back, and you're really good!!
3:54 Hugh Laurie:  we had to learn french at school. part of the agincourt reparations.

3:54 [Comment From Guest] what episode are you shooting right now?
3:54 Hugh Laurie:  We're shooting episode 5 now, about to start 6

3:54 [Comment From Aurélie (France)] Don't you get slightly hypochondriac after reading House's scripts?
3:55 Hugh Laurie:  No, never been a hypochondriac - got lots of other neuroses but not that one - my dad was very wise about the odds

3:55 [Comment From flippet] Which of your motorcycles is your favorite?
3:55 Hugh Laurie:  Triumph Scrambler. a gem.

3:55 [Comment From Holly, UK] What's the sexiest word in the english language?
3:55 Hugh Laurie:  Sexiest words are Triumph Scrambler

3:55 [Comment From Meera from Singapore] Dr. Cockroach was SO awesome. How did you come up with THE laugh?
3:56 Hugh Laurie:  Vincent price

3:56 Tom O'Neil: Hey, Hugh, I just want you to know that it's a bee-itch working on the media side of the red carpet too. Not easy coming up with all those stupid questions. We journos just make them LOOK stupid. That's how secretly brilliant we are

3:56 Hugh Laurie:  it's been a real pleasure - thanks all of you for checking in and I'm sorry for all the qs i couldn't get to

3:56 Tom O'Neil: THANKS, Hugh!
3:57 Hugh Laurie: Tom you're right - we're in the same hellish dance - and yet we love it really????
3:57 Hugh Laurie: Bye everyone and thanks !!!
3:57 Tom O'Neil: Today we had 5,899 Emmy voters here for the chat -- so you are a SHOO-IN to WIN
3:58 PatrickDay: Apologies to those who asked questions that didn't get posted. We got HUNDREDS of questions and could only post a small number in order to make this readable for everyone.
Kerni
Membre du Staff
Membre du Staff

Re: Chat avec Hugh Laurie mercredi 26 août 2009

Messagepar hyorvolt » Jeu 27 Août 2009 23:38

C'est sympa d'avoir fait cela j'avais commencé de mon coté (perso) mais n'étant pas très bonne en Anglais j'ai zappais quelques questions réponses, le traducteur que j'utilise me donne une traduction holala quelle horreur du vrai chinois.
hyorvolt
Dr ès House 2009
Dr ès House 2009

Re: Chat avec Hugh Laurie mercredi 26 août 2009

Messagepar Arumbaya » Jeu 27 Août 2009 23:49

Cet homme est tout simplement génial ! Un mélange de classe, d'humour... aaah,je l'adore ! :love:
Dommage qu'il y ait eu autant de monde et que nos questions soient passée inaperçues... :non:
"Eat, sleep, translate !"
Arumbaya
Membre du Staff
Membre du Staff

Retour vers 6e étage : saison 6